What is the Winter Fuel Payment
In the winter months, it can be miserable for those who just cannot afford to heat their homes. Many keep warm by layering up with thermal wear, fluffy slippers and dressing gowns but some still need to crank up the heating then find they cannot afford the bills. You can apply for a winter fuel payment in England and Wales which really help those in need.
- If you are eligible to receive a winter fuel payment, you will be paid it automatically if you get the State Pension or get another social security benefit (excluding housing benefit, council tax reduction, child benefit or universal credit).
- If you do not receive either of these or you live abroad, you may need to apply.
- Once you receive a winter fuel payment, you will not need to make a claim again unless you have deferred your state pension or moved abroad.
- Deadlines to make a claim for Winter is by 31 March.
- Winter Fuel Payments do not affect your other benefits.
Click here to claim.
Find Further Guides, Products and Services here
How to reduce mortgage payments