What is the Warm Home Discount Scheme
Did you know there is a Warm Home Discount scheme in England that could get you £140 off your electricity bill this winter?
- You can apply if you have a meter or prepayment meter.
- If you qualify with a meter, the money would be paid directly to the energy provider.
- If you qualify with a prepayment meter, you would receive a voucher to top up your meter.
- The discount does not affect your cold weather payment or winter fuel payment.
If the following applies to you, you may be eligible:
1. Your electricity supplier had joined the scheme on 10th July 2016.
2. Your name or your partner’s name was on the bill on 10th July 2016.
3. You were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit, even if you were receiving savings credit as well.
If you find that you don’t qualify, don’t be put off. You could contact your supplier directly if you don’t get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit but you must be on a low income and that you receive certain benefits.
Click here to contact your supplier to find out.
Click here to claim.
Members of the Warm Home Discount Scheme are:
- Angelic Energy
- Avro Energy
- Beam Energy
- Bristol Energy
- British Gas
- Bulb Energy
- Citizen Energy
- Co-operative Energy
- E Gas and Electricity
- EDF Energy
- Flow Energy
- Fosse Energy
- GB Energy
- Great North Energy
- Green Star/Hudson
- Liverpool Energy Community Company
- Octopus Energy
- Ram Energy
- Robin Hood Energy
- Sainsbury’s Energy
- Scottish Gas
- Scottish Hydro
- Shell Energy
- Southern Electric
- Utility Warehouse
- White Rose Energy
- Your Energy Sussex
Find Further Guides, Products and Services here
How to reduce mortgage payments