How to deal with difficult neighbours?
You have moved into your dream home but then find a nightmare neighbour living next door.
Many people have suffered from noisy neighbours playing loud music, arguing, rowdy parties, barking dogs, or even a noisy construction site nearby but how do we actually handle this?
- You can try to talk to them about the problem direct if they appear approachable and friendly.
- You can report them to your local council.
- You can check your local citizens advice centre or click here for guidance.
- You can contact your local Police station. The Police are able to deal with the issue if the noise causes a breach of the peace, if you suffer threatening or violent behaviour and/or anti-social behaviour.
- Click here for information and guidance on environmental law.