You may already have placed your property on the market but no-one has made you an offer yet, you may need to improve your chances of selling your home. Follow this step by step guide and you just can’t go wrong:
- Tidy up the front and back gardens.
- Tidy ALL the rooms inside.
- Clean the kitchens and bathrooms, paying particular attention to the sinks, taps, bath and toilets. If any surfaces are damaged in the kitchen, look to replace them. Give cupboards/doors a new lease of life by painting (where possible) or replacing. B&Q do a fantastic range of cupboard doors. You can pick up Dulux paint from Homebase.
- Get rid of all your junk – rooms can look so much better and larger when clear of clutter.
- A neutral colour scheme will make the rooms appear light and spacious.
- Splash a little cash. A coat of paint where it needs it and/or replace old carpets. Stick with neutral colours (even with the carpets). New carpets can be picked up quite cheaply these days.
- Make your property smell good before each visit from an estate agent and/or a prospective buyer.
- When the estate agent comes round, ask for their advice on ways to further improve the look and feel of your home.
Now hopefully you will get a buyer!