How to get rid of spiders
During the Autumn months, you tend to see lots of spiders. Although most spiders like to stay outside, some will venture into your home during this time in search of food. The male of the species will also be looking for a mate. So, how to get rid of spiders?
There are too many remedies to list here, so we offer the following guidance that has been tried and tested and it actually works!
Follow our guide:
- Using resin bond and an applicator gun (for instructions click here) fill the area where they are coming in. You could use this opportunity to fill in any cracks and holes behind sinks and around pipes in the kitchen and throughout the property using this method to prevent any other little friends coming into your home. Don’t forget to include any gaps around doors and windows.
- Vacuum up all the spiders you can see. Immediately take your vacuum cleaner outside and empty the contents into a sealed bag and place it in an outside bin. Spiders can survive in your hoover bag and they will make their way out of it if you leave them inside!
- If you have a mass of spiders, you may need a spider repellent.
- Place diatomaceous earth powder at the entrances to your home (it is safe to use around pets and people). The spider will expire if it comes into contact with it. When using this powder, you must wear a mask.
- Using a spray bottle, fill with a drop or two of peppermint oil and hot water and spray all entrances to your home.
- Keep your house tidy. Spiders love places to hide so make it difficult for them.
- Regularly remove cobwebs from walls and ceilings using a cobweb duster brush.
- Use a door screen/window screen if you like to leave them open.
- If you are in the garden in the evening, shut your doors and windows.
- Keep your front and back garden swept.
- Cut back or remove any plants/trees directly outside your home, move them to the end of the garden where possible.
- When placing anything in the attic or garden shed, use plastic storage containers instead of cardboard boxes.
This is perfect to use in those hard to reach places where little insects and even bigger ones can get into your home. Once it is applied, nothing will be able to get through any cracks or holes in your property.
Resin Bond Applicator
Professional sealant gun with a hexagonal rod and re-enforced ring. Works perfectly with resin bond tube (above). For instructions on use click here.
Diatomaceous Earth Powder
When using this product you must wear a mask as the powder must not be inhaled. Ingredients: Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth 500g (94% Silicon Dioxide plus small amounts of other minerals).
This duster is simple to use and compresses easier than other dusters. This is the perfect duster for applying powder into air vents or holes that are easily accessible to deal with wasps nests. Works perfectly with any powder insecticide or diatomaceous earth powder.
This Protective face mask protects against non-toxic and irritating dust up to 4 times the threshold limit value defined for the substance (TLV), with nose bridge. The valve facilitates inhalation and exhalation. The dolomite testing allows use for more than six hours. Non-reusable. Area of application: bagging cement, gypsum, grain, drilling, threshing, against allergy caused by flour dust, grinding, sawing, shredding, swine flu, bird flu, etc.
Peppermint oil has a fresh, sharp, menthol smell. It is clear to pale yellow in colour and watery in viscosity.
We hope you found our how to get rid of spiders guide helpful.