How to get rid of flies
Keeping flies out of your house can be quite difficult during the Summer months because we do love to keep the windows open. However, you still can prevent flies from coming into your home if you follow a few simple tricks. So, how to get rid of flies?
You really don’t need to spend lots of money on loads of different products to combat flies in your house or garden. We regularly eat outside in the garden throughout the Summer months and we find using Citronella Candles does the trick. Simply get yourself some of these and a nice candle holder and you’re ready to go!
If you are a little uncomfortable using candles inside your home, you can also use Citronella essential oil in an essential oil diffuser. See below for guidance.
Follow our guide:
- Buy some Citronella Candles. Once lit, these candles keep flies away and can be used in the garden too when having a BBQ or evening meal outside.
- If you are nervous about using candles around your home, buy some Citronella oil and place a few drops in an essential oil diffuser.
- Invest in a fly and insect zapper, just plug in during the summer months and your house will be fly free!
- Wipe surfaces after spills, cooking and eating and don’t leave dirty dishes out after eating.
- Keep food completely sealed and stored in cupboards.
- Keep floors swept and clear of leftover crumbs and food.
- Keep floors clear of pet food, never leave pet food in bowls overnight.
- Purchase a Brabantia bin with a closed lid and empty it often (we have had ours since 2006 and it is still in perfect working order).
We hope you found our how to get rid of flies guide helpful.