What are the benefits of Asafoetida
Asafoetida is a natural remedy that has been used by our family for years for medicinal purposes.
It doesn’t taste very nice when you take it (it is very bitter) but it genuinely does help alleviate many health problems. Our family use it to relieve breathing problems normally associated with asthma.
It is a natural spice that you can flavour food, pickle vegetables with and is normally used alongside turmeric. It is a spice more widely known for use in Indian cuisine, particularly with lentil curries and dal.
If you are pregnant or taking other medicines, you should seek the advice of your GP before consuming.
Asafoetida powder (click to view on Amazon)
Asafoetida can be used to relieve breathing problems and to use as a cough or cold remedy.
It has many other uses:
- It helps with indigestion
- It’s a natural anti inflammatory
- It helps with stomach problems
- It helps to alleviate intestinal gas
- It helps to alleviate flatulence
- It helps to alleviate irritable bowel syndrome
- It helps to alleviate menstrual cramps
- It can increase your libido by enhancing blood flow
- It helps to release phlegm and relieve chest congestion
- It helps to cure a dry cough and bronchitis if mixed with honey, ginger and hing
- It can help alleviate symptoms of asthma and bronchitis
- It helps alleviate symptoms of whooping cough
How to take it:
In a cup of boiled water add 1 teaspoon, leave for 10 minutes then drink.
How to stock up your natural medicine cabinet:
|Aloe Vera||Essential Oils|