How do I apply for a Government grant or loan?

Image of the word Grant
Canstock image

You may be able to get Government assistance to help cover the cost of repairs, improvements or adaptations to your home.

Your first point of call is to contact your local council.

Your local council may be able to offer you advice or financial help if you are a home owner or if you rent privately.  You may also be able to get help if you are disabled or elderly with care and repair or social work.

If you live in England or Wales click here.

If you live in Scotland, you may be able to get a grant with home improvements and repairs.  You can also get help from Historic Scotland.