How to report council housing repairs

Image of public housing
Canstock image

How to report council housing repairs

This is a very straight forward process.

Your local council has an obligation to repair urgent issues that may arise in council-owned homes.  These issues may be causing an affect to a tenant’s health, security or their safety.  The Right to Repair scheme for England and Wales can be found here.

Your local council is responsible for ensuring your property is kept in good condition.  This includes the windows and roof, walls and ceilings.  They will ensure your gas and electricity appliances work safely and if your property needs repair, you should be given several weeks warning of any work planned. If issues arise in the shared part of a building occurs or on your housing estate, you would need to contact your local council to report it.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here