How to buy land in the UK
Buying land to build your dream home can be a minefield but it can also be very fulfilling if you have the confidence to give it go.
You need to ensure that you fully research the plot thoroughly and its surrounding area. You should also check whether to gain access to your land to build, you need to have your neighbours permission.
- If you need to secure a mortgage, click here.
- Pay particular attention to surrounding buildings (if any), trees, a history of previous flooding or fires.
- The land itself and what type of ground is it?
- How easy would it be to get amenities (gas/electric/water etc.) include searching builders access, planning permissions, building regulations, the neighbourhood and of course transport links.
- Are you located next to a refuse plant, motorway or even worse a runway!
Click here for guidance on this from Prime Location or find inspiration on the following sites: